I want to be honest with you: one of my goals for May is going absolutely, downright terrible. The goal in question is the one where I eat smaller meals and supplement with snacks in between.
Why have I not succeeded at least one time so far this month? Oh, that’s an easy answer: I love to stuff my face. Like, eating is a very enjoyable experience and I always dread the end when it’s all gone, so why not prolong the experience by dumping more food on my plate! And who cares if I feel uncomfortably full after. It was fun!
Which is precisely the reason why I need to stop it. It’s unhealthy. And pathetic. And it’s not doing my body any good. Eating is not a hobby; activities like knitting dog sweaters and painting cats on canvas are hobbies. Sure many people can handle food being the central part of their lives, but just like my out-of-control addiction tendencies for cookies, I cannot. And that’s where my new plan comes in.
For the month of May, I will use the following guidelines to make my relationship with food … a little less intense.
- Drink at least one glass of water before eating. I drink a ton of water throughout the day already, but now I think I need to strategize when I drink it. I think my problem is that I sip throughout the day without much thought and drink a bunch after my meals when I am already full from food; therefore, I’m too full to snack. I should be doing the opposite! That way, I will still feel satisfied with less food and then be more open to snacking.
- Bring tupperware with me to restaurants. Split my meals immediately. And if I forget my plastic containers, ask the restaurant for some to-go containers before I
stuff my faceeat.
- Fill my pantry with exciting but healthy snacks. This is so I will feel more motivated to eat less during meal times so that I can fit in these foods.
- Measure out my food. Since I am unfamiliar with how much less is enough, I’ll do this for the next couple of weeks at least so that I learn how much I will be eating from here on out.
- Use a smaller plate. A nice little trick that most diets recommend.
I am making tomorrow my Day One. Look out food, I will conquer you!
Update: Leg was complaining big time as I walked through Home Depot today, so tomorrow is definitely a no-go. 😦
- Coffee: 12 oz
- Silk vanilla soy creamer: 1.5 tbsp
- Water: 101.4 oz
- Egg white veggie frittata
- 2 slices wheat toast with butter and jelly <– I am so cutting this down to one slice next week. I was already full after eating my frittata, so WTH do I need to eat two slices of bread! Oh wait, I know why…
- 1/2 slice white toast with butter
- Strawberries with Fage Greek Yogurt and a little cereal sprinkled on top
- Cereal with almond milk
Oh oh, and one last gif to accurately illustrate what I will no longer feel about food: