Hello and long time no see!
Last Sunday, I put together a post announcing that I was not feeling well and would be back some time this week. Turns out, I was right to take some days off, because I forgot to hit Schedule (which I finally did earlier when I logged in). Whoops.
Aaaaaanyway! Not that I have big news to report, but here’s a quick recap of the going-ons while I’ve been gone:
1) In short, this:
In more words, I stopped taking a daily medication a few weeks ago and the the symptoms of coming off it (withdrawals?) was becoming problematic for me. Certain body parts felt sore, my energy level was …. well, what energy?, and strangely enough, my palette changed noticeably. It was getting to the point where I would collapse in the middle of the day to embark on a serious set of honkshoos, and I would look at sweets not in longing, but in distaste and favor savory foods instead. The latter is so NOT me, I promise you! The good news, though, is that the symptoms have finally faded enough (except the sweets part – I still want a burger) so that I can be productive during the day.
(Note: Although I am no longer eyeing sugary sweets with googly eyes, I am still eliminating it all from my diet because I know cannot handle it. There is no “I’ll just have one” when it comes to cupcakes/cookies/candy/chocolate/pastries and me. Instead, what this means is that my semi-aversion to sweets at the moment makes it easier for me to not have any at all.)
2) We took Bruno in for an emergency visit on Saturday. My fiance was playing ball with him on Friday when the he landed wrong, bent his paw too harshly and started limping. Because we are majorly overbearing and obsessed dog parents, we freaked out.
Our first instinct was to rush him to the nearest vet ER, but it was already after hours and the paw didn’t seem broken. The dog didn’t even flinch when we’d touch and squeeze his paw, so we compromised on taking him to the vet on Sunday afternoon instead (the earliest they could take us).
Luckily, the vet confirmed what we thought: he just roughed up his paw and would be better within a week. And the vet was right! By Monday morning, doggy was no longer limping. Instead of hiking, I took him on a couple of walks that included a TON of sniffing, and before you knew it, the pup paw was 100% and therefore was able to go hiking with his dad this morning. 🙂
Bloggy Notes: My May Goal Recap/June Goals will be on Saturday. I would have done it today, but today’s entry is already packed and tomorrow is Furry Furriday, so… Yeah. 😉
Soooooo, last week I said that I wanted to get into 123-ville. Since then, I got four workouts in and ate well on most days. I was sure I’d make it even though a couple of days ago we went out to an Italian restaurant where I ordered and ate too much food for one person, but I still had a sneaking suspicion that I did it:
Starting Weight: 130.2 lbs
Current Weight: 123.4 lbs
Difference From Last Week: -0.9 lbs
Total Loss: 6.8 lbs
Goal Weight: 109 lbs
Weight to Lose: 14.4 lbs
FIST PUMPS GALORE! I am now officially less than 15 pound away from my goal weight. Whoop whoop!
Next on my list is sliding past the 123 mark into the 122’s. Hmm, I wonder if I can make it out of 120-ville by August? (I aim to lose 1/2 lb per week)
A little recap since last week’s weigh-in:
- Exercise: FOUR workouts since last weigh-in. It should have been six, but I skipped Saturday because I wasn’t feeling well and Wednesday because… I was tired?
- Beverages: I haven’t reached my daily goal of 100 oz/day because liquids have been making me nauseous. I drink only when I feel better and therefore have made it only 60-70 oz/day.
- Food: The great thing about craving savory foods now is that I can actually get full on most things I eat. For some reason, it takes a lot to make me feel full when I consume sweeter things, so this in combination of drinking water, serves me well. I still haven’t had any afternoon snacks lately, but I wonder if it’s because savory food is just more filling. Hmm.
What I will/need to work on:
- Exercise: Reaching the 3-mile mark without any pain or aches, which is coming up! After that, I will aim for 3.25 miles, then 3.5 miles.
- Beverages: Continue working on my liquid intake as the nausea allows.
- Get to bed earlier: I’ve been making it to bed by 10 pm-ish each night which is a massive improvement, but I need to get this down to 9:45 pm or even 9:30 pm.
- 05/29/2014: I can now workout on back to back days!
- 05/29/2014: Not only can I fit into my biggest pair of shorts, I need a belt now too.
- 05/29/2014: I can fit into my 2nd biggest shorts, though slightly uncomfortably
- 06/05/2014: I can now walk up to 2.85 miles pain-free
Although I wasn’t feeling 100% every day this week, I worked out anyway. I’ve got 3 days down so far this week and one more to go on Saturday. 😀
RECAP: Monday, June 2
I’m not sure exactly how far I walked on this day because it took FOREVER for my Garmin to hook up to the satellite. 😦 I got fed up, leashed the dog and went out for my walk. I think I did about 2.5 miles, which is the most I’ve walked in ages without pain up to this point in time. Woot!
RECAP: Tuesday, June 3
2.36 miles with zeh puppeh (unpictured) … with my new kicks 😛
RECAP: Wednesday, June 4
My fiance woke up feeling super sore from his workouts and decided to skip. I was planning on working out, but I decided that I was too tired to do so and joined him on an off day.
So, now workout on this day. 🙂
Ugh, I did NOT feel like getting out of bed this morning, but somehow I forced myself to get up, dressed and out the door.
But it’s a good thing I did it, because I ended up completing the longest mileage since I hurt my leg pain-free!
I am this close to my goal of 3 miles, which I’m aiming for on Monday.
Soo excited that I am almost 100% healed!
RECAP: 6/4 FOOD LOG
- Silk soy creamer
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 30 g Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
- 8″ super cheesesteak sub (steak, peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes)
- A few chips
Not hungry enough
- Pan-fried NY steak
- Steamed veggies
- Too full 🙂