After three luxurious days of sleeping in and relaxing, the last thing I want to do was wake up early for a workout.
But after almost a week of no workouts, there was no way I could skip today – especially since my leg feels okay again. So I took my time (read: 45 minutes) in sending step-by-step instructions to each muscle and limb to get myself out of bed. It was painful, but I finally did it and got dressed.
And tried to act thrilled about it.
But not after drinking a few big swigs of coffee. <– lifesaver
I pumped out 2.12 miles on my walk today, which may not sound impressive, but what was spectacular about it was that I didn’t experience any pain. There was a slight discomfort that started almost from the beginning, but it felt more like a stretch than pain or ache. In all, I consider it a massive improvement! Now to see if my leg will feel good enough to workout tomorrow as well… Crossing my fingers over here! 🙂
Random scenes from yesterday:
RECAP: 5/26 FOOD LOG
- Coffee: 12 oz
- Silk vanilla soy creamer: 1.5 tbsp
- Water: 90 oz
- Egg white veggie omelette
- 2 slices wheat toast with butter
- 1/2 slice white toast with butter
- 1 cup fruit
- Carne asada with 2 tbsp refriend beans on corn tortilla topped with Cholula
- 2 – 3/4 ears of corn (1.5 total?)
- Steamed veggies
- Strawberries with Greek yogurt (plus few shakes of cinnamon, a splash of vanilla extract, and a dribble of honey)