My fiance and I have been cutting back on various expenditures, and one of the biggest ones happens to be our electric bill, which is insane because we both work at home. In battling with this heatwave we got going on (Sidenote: You know it’s going to be a hot day when it’s already a balmy 74 degrees at 4:40 am. Yeow!), we decided to open our windows instead of using our wonderful central AC.
We lasted one day.
On Day 2, the mercury climbed up to 93 degrees outside, which wouldn’t have been a problem with the winds, except it was crazy windy – like power lines to the ground crazy. It blew so much crap in the house, I was sneezing while wiping every surface down. So we closed the windows. And sweltered. It wasn’t until I noticed my dog kind of panting and my cats stretched on the hardwood floors in dark corners that we decided to turn on the AC for the sake of the animals.
Today on Day 3, temps pretty much reached 100 degrees. I had that AC on by 11 am.
So, I may be weak, but at least I’m comfortable! (And the animals too.)
On the leg note, my leg felt fantastic all day – until the end of day. Apparently it didn’t like that I was standing around so much to cook. I guess I need a few more days still.
- Jasmine tea: 20 oz
- Water: 84.5 oz <– Missed my target, but at least combined with the tea, it’s over 100 oz anyway
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- 30g Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
Burger King today. I know, I know! But tally it up and it comes to a whopping 300 calories. Plus, my salad was fresh and my apple slices crisp. My fat intake came up to 10g (saturated fat 4.5g), protein 12g, and sodium 445 mg. Not bad.
- Whopper Jr. with no cheese, no mayo and no onions
- Side salad – scraped off the cheese
- Apple slices
- Pan fried chicken breasts
- Mashed roasted butternut squash <– Dice, toss in olive oil, roast and mash. INSANELY delish!
- Steamed veggies
- (Chopped) strawberries and Greek yogurt (also: vanilla extract and a sprinkle of sugar)