After sleeping in all week, today I actually got out of bed at my alarm’s (rude) request even though I had zero plans to workout. There was no reason why I got up other than the fact that although I was groggy, my body felt done with sleep, and so I got up. Hmm, I wonder if lessening my caffeine intake (by the ways of replacing my coffee habit with jasmine tea) made it so that I received better rest last night? We’ll see how early I’ll get up tomorrow – I won’t be surprised if this was a fluke because this gal loves her sleep!
On the calf, it seems to be on the mend. Although I can get more movement out of it today, it did feel strained as I got out of bed, but it almost instantly felt better once I wrapped it. At this point, a workout on Monday does not seem likely, but perhaps I will be able to by next Wednesday or Thursday, which would make it exactly two weeks since injuring it. Of course I wish my calf would heal faster, but sources do say that two weeks is about right for healing time for a strained calf. Hmm, maybe I’ll try increasing my protein intake to help speed it along.
Starting Weight: 130.2 lbs
Current Weight: 127.3
Total Loss: 2.9 lbs
Goal Weight: 109 lbs
Weight to Lose: 18.3 lbs
WELL! Would you look at that: 0.7 lb loss from last week.
A little recap since last week’s weigh-in:
- Exercise: Worked out last week on Thursday and Saturday but not since (thanks to my calf, hmph)
- Beverages: Replaced coffee with tea (only since Tuesday), consumed minimum of 100 oz of water a day
- Food: Cut out two of my biggest trigger foods – chocolate and pastries, increased my fiber intake (cereal for dinner, anyone?), ate lots of butter (heh)
Of course, the total 3 lb weight loss in two weeks (I’m 5’0, so this is HUGE) is probably nothing more than just the bloat that every one loses in the first month of living a healthier life. I am also determined to get this calf healed so I can work out again, because I am not willing to go on a low-calorie diet just so I can remain inactive. But that’s just me. 🙂
- Jasmine Tea: 12+ oz
- 118.3+ oz (14.8 glasses) – I was thirsty today
- 45 g Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
- 1 banana
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk <– ran out of Greek yogurt, gotta buy some more!
- Leftover chicken parmigiana, spaghetti squash with Arrabiata sauce and steamed veggies
- Cereal <– Cereal for dinner… again. I can’t get enough of this stuff
- Almond milk