I’m feeling a teensy bit devastated today.
So you know how my calf was slightly strained? Well, now it’s a little more than slightly strained – as in walking two blocks this afternoon only to suddenly realize I may have to crawl home kind of strained. I managed to walk home with a little tear in my eye, but reality is hitting me now that there is no question that whatever is going on in there is serious enough to warrant some serious rest.
I probably should have taken today off to nurse my calf – and I would have loved to stay in bed this morning – but by the time I was up, well, I was up, and so made it out the door with promises to take it easy. It wasn’t the best decision, but it still felt amazing to workout outside.
I made sure I slowed my pace down, which turned out to be about 16 minutes per mile. Looking back, I probably should have slowed to 17 or even 20 though.
- 3 mile walk – 50 minutes (50/210 minutes for the week)
I completed the squats without even thinking about it. The body is a wonderful thing!
- 2 sets of squats (15 reps)
- 2 sets of crunches (25 reps)
- Forward Bend
- Down Dog
- Total Water Intake: 118.3 oz (14.8 glasses) at home (I was very thirsty today)
- 1.5 tbsp soy creamer
- 12 oz coffee
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 31 g Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
- Capriotti’s 9-inch Bobbie, no mayo
- Small handful of Wise sour cream and onion chips
- Cereal with almond milk