- I woke up RAVENOUS this morning. Sure, I get hungry in the mornings for breakfast, but today? I was about ready to chase down a steak and eggs breakfast – which is totally not me! I suspect this has to do with the lack of snacking lately thanks to feeling full from all the extra water I’ve been drinking (I’ve surpassed my 100 oz daily goal by a lot lately). I think I’m okay with this though, as I once read that this was a good thing and what you are supposed to feel.
- Despite my hunger, I did NOT want to get up this morning. Snuggled deep between my clean sheets, I seriously considered skipping today’s workout and sleeping in. When I finally stumbled out of bed and felt the soreness in my legs, I almost jumped back in again. But then a little voice in my head reminded me how great it felt to walk the day after I finished a half marathon. And so, grumpy and all, I got dressed and made it out the door.
- While on my walk, I noticed that all the senior ladies are dressed up to the nines on their workout: coordinated casual outfits, faces fully made up, and perfumed for a night out in the town. How in the world can they get up that early and look so nice already! I can barely get a brush through my hair at that time. Needless to say, I felt like a slob with my workout gear, pony tail and a naked face.
- Isn’t muscle memory something? On my third day of being healthy again, I found myself touching my toes during my post-workout stretches. Being able to bend over and touch my toes is not a natural thing for me; the first time I accomplished that feat, I was probably 27 or 28 after months of stretching. Since then, I do follow a flexibility routine most months out of a year, but really, the last time I actually stretched was six or seven months ago, so imagine my surprise when my muscles happily lengthened as requested. Nice! (Note: Last year, I achieved my most flexible status ever thanks to a more rigorous and aggressive plan than I was used to. Maybe that has something to do with my quickened success this time around? Hmm!)
- Another productive day! Managed to finish EVERYTHING by noon again. Hmm, higher productivity correlation to exercise routine?
- And on the other side of productivity, my energy level trickled at about 10:20 am. Another side effect of a new exercise routine, I think. I may take a nap to supplement my energy levels until my body gets used to the workout routine again.
Today’s Goal: Prep for bed at 8:45 pm and be in bed by 9:00 pm. Done!
Notes for tomorrow: Weigh-In Thursday, get out the door AT 6 am. Done!
- 3 mile walk – 50 minutes (160/210 minutes for the week)
- 2 sets of lunges (15 reps each side)
- 2 sets of plank (30 sec each rep) Hmm, this felt MUCH easier today than Monday! May increase this to 45 seconds next time.
- Forward Bend Touched my toes today!
- Down Dog
- Pretzel This felt incredible today. I think I’ll continue this as long as my quads are sore.
Total Water Intake: 101.4+ oz (12.7 glasses)
- 1.5 tbsp soy creamer
- 12 oz coffee
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 31 g Special K Vanilla Almond cereal
Morning Snack 40 pistachiosI’m cutting this out of my meal plan starting tomorrow. A mid-morning snack would make sense if: 1) I ate breakfast super early (I don’t – I eat at 9 am), 2) I didn’t eat lunch three hours later, and/or 3) my breakfast wasn’t so … filling. I’m pretty comfortable with my breakfast and lunch times and unwilling to make my breakfast any smaller really, so good-bye morning snack!
- Leftover steak bites
- Steamed yams
- Steamed veggies
- pan fried chicken breast
- Steamed yam <– current obsession, can you tell? 😉
- steamed veggies