Today is the DAY I jump back on the saddle, my first step towards my previous, healthier and active self!
Today’s workout was supposed to be a 5-mile hike, but at the 2.5 mile mark, I noticed that my right knee was aching, possibly from lugging my heavier self at a weakened state? I don’t know. What I do know is that it went away when I stopped going uphill and returned to flatter ground. I am sure after losing some weight and strengthening my legs again, hills will no longer be a problem.
As for emotionally and mentally, I feel great. I forgot how amazing working out in the morning makes me feel throughout the day! I did experience a little energy dip in the late morning causing me to lose focus, but I’m sure that’s from my body not used to the workouts. I’m sure that will dissipate in time.
Today complete, I am ready for tomorrow. One bite at a time, folks. 🙂
Weight: 130.2 lbs
BMI: 25.4 (Overweight by .4)
Pounds to Go: 21.2 lbs
- 3 mile hike with dog – 60 minutes (150 minutes to go for the week)
- 2 sets of lunges (15 reps/side)
- 2 sets of 30 sec plank
- Forward Bend
- Down Dog
Total Water Intake: 110 oz (13.75 glasses)
- 1.5 tbsp soy creamer
- 12 oz coffee
- 1/2 serving Nature Valley granola bar (1 bar)
- 3/4 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 60 g Special K cereal (was supposed to be 31 g, but I was at the end of the bag and couldn’t resist dumping the entire contents into my bowl. oh well!)
- None (I was crazy stuffed from the double helping of cereal this a.m.)
It’s Panera day!
- You Pick Two Vegetable Pesto Soup
- You Pick Two Thai Chicken Salad
- Whole wheat baguette
40 pistachiosWasn’t hungry from my big lunch, so skipped this
8 oz steak bites steamed veggies
- Restaurant shrimp fajitas
- One flour tortilla
- One tortilla chip
- One bite of pork tamale
One gigantic nectarineUgh! After eating the fajitas, the last thing I wanted was more food. So, I skipped this.